Saturday, January 19, 2008

An Announcement and a Plea

I apologize if this sounds like a commercial, but I just wanted to let everyone know that right now Amazon.com is offering What So Proudly We Hailed at 20% off of the regular $12.95 retail price plus an additional 5% pre-order discount (the book will be available to ship on 15 Feb). Here is the link: amazon.com

Just to put that into perspective, for $9.71, you could buy:

- What So Proudly We Hailed, a book that could forever change how you look at world events

- or - 2 wedding cards
- or - 3 packs of cigarettes
- or - a 12-pack of beer
- or - 3 issues of People magazine
- or - 2 medium buckets of popcorn at the movies
- or - 10 song downloads for your iPod
- or - 2 McDonald’s combo meals
- or - 5 tins of Altoids
- or - 1 movie CD from the discount rack
- or - four 60-second carnival rides
- or - 2 Red Baron frozen pizzas
- or - a cheap watch at Wal-Mart
- or - . . . . well, you get the picture.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that any of those “other” things are wrong to buy; except for iPod downloads, I’ve opened my wallet for all of them at one point or another (and still do for some). My only point is that we will spend money so freely on things that mean nothing at all and which are gone in an instant. All I would ask is that this one time you would consider spending that same money on something that does matter and that will stay with you for a long, long time.

Over the past 15 years, I’ve read somewhere in the range of 800 to 1,200 novels, so I know a good book when see one. And although I can’t claim to be the best writer in the world, I can say in all honesty – without boasting – that I am far from the worst. The book is well written; the story itself just might blow your mind.

My mother told me to never promise more than I can deliver and to always deliver more than I promised, so I don’t take making promises lightly. But I can promise you this: whether you love What So Proudly We Hailed or you hate it, you will never forget it.

So c’mon, help a brother out. Simon & Schuster, Random House, and Bantam Books don’t need your money; I do. Corporate America is not going to tithe a minimum of 10% of their gross profits to local area churches; I will.

And I’ll tell you this as well; if by some rare chance I ever do wind up making millions, I will not squander it on luxury. I will do something good with it. That’s not my promise to you; that’s my promise to God.

So skip a few issues of People magazine and enter the world of What So Proudly We Hailed instead. Find out who & what “the AG” is. Learn what it means to “leave the life”. Understand what a “D-chip” is and why you don’t want one. And discover why a broken, shattered man is sitting in a cold bedroom in Fayetteville, AR with his finger on a button that will change the world forever.

Thanks so much.

Feel free to email this post and help me spread the word. If this is the first you’ve heard of WSPWH, you can find out more about it here: What So Proudly We Hailed

No comments: